|Rating|| 0.00 / 5|
“ArtSite is perhaps the most impressive art app out there for those in education. It allows students to create virtual galleries, find out some background on museum pieces and comment on work of other students. It is also a fantastic tool for teachers, who can download pictures from museum websites, and show material to their class when connecting their iPad to a HD TV. This app is cloud-based, allowing users to access it online or on a mobile device.” - TabTimes.com, 15 Best iPad Apps for Education and Reference Materials
• ArtSite starts off with over 200 Museum images organized in 12 collections. Each has a description and a few project ideas. Teachers can delete or change the included pages to match their teaching style.
Teachers can also add an unlimited number of Museum pages filled with free images and descriptions downloaded from websites. Add project ideas to inspire your students.
• In the Gallery, students become curators of your own art collections. They explore the ArtSite Museum, choose a work of art, and then write a description. Students can also create Gallery pages beginning with a new work of art.
• In the Portfolio, students display their studio art and writing. Students can create their own pages or teachers can upload images to start pages for them. At the end of each year, teachers can save the best Portfolio pages to share with future students.
The Portfolio is searchable by academic year, class, and student. Teachers can change the featured artwork on the Portfolio search page.
• The ArtBlog gives teachers and students the opportunity to leave comments on Gallery and Portfolio pages, opening up an exchange of ideas. Teachers approve all comments before they are made public and can turn the blog on or off for each class.
• ArtSearch, the ArtSite Internet search engine, is loaded with worldwide museum resources. Teachers can add any number of links to websites and videos organized by their choice of search category titles. Teachers can also delete or change the included search categories and weblinks.
• Recommended for age 7 through college. Teacher tools make it easy to customize ArtSite for different grade levels, monitor student Gallery and Portfolio pages, and manage student records.
• Enlarge Museum, Gallery, and Portfolio images to zoom in on the details. Connect your iPad to an HDTV to share your art collections with your classes.
ArtSite is a cloud computing app, so an Internet connection is required. Log in to share ArtSite from your iPad or desktop computer. Students only see the pages created by their own teacher and classmates.
• Most pages have helpful tool tips and the in-app Teacher’s Guide includes step-by-step how-to movies. You can print the Guide as well as the Museum, Gallery, and Portfolio display pages.
Please visit our website, artsitenet.com, for additional screen shots and information.
Here’s how it works:
Register to try out ArtSite for free for 30 days. Then subscribe for only $9.99 per year (365 days). Student access is always free! Your subscription gives you access from any computer or your iPad. (Prices may vary in non-US app stores.)
Tap the ‘Teacher Registration’ text link on the ArtSite home page to enter your name, email address, and a password.
You will receive a confirmation email to activate your account. (If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder.)
Next, log in on the home page to see your access code and enter your classes.
Students tap the ‘Student Registration’ text link on the ArtSite home page to register using their teacher’s access code. (Teachers can also register their students by taping the ‘MyStudents’ link.)