DIVISION OF ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS
Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction (MCLI) 2015-2016 LEARNING GRANTS
The program is designed to support:
- Innovative projects that are designed to enhance student learning, promote student success, and further innovation in teaching and learning.
- Projects on a one-time, one-year basis.
- Ideas and projects at the appropriate stage of development.
Qualifying proposals will range from formative ideas that explore learning concepts to fully tested models ready to be adopted and disseminated.
Who can Apply for Learning Grants?
- Faculty (residential, adjunct, and one-year-only) are eligible to apply.
- Adjunct faculty and one-year-only faculty should team up with a residential faculty member or department/division chair to provide an on-campus contact for the grant. Inclusion on a learning grant application does not guarantee future employment with Maricopa.
- Faculty may be compensated through special services assignments throughout the duration of the grant. Each college determines how to distribute the funds for faculty participating in the grant.
How can the MCC Center for Teaching & Learning help me with the grant?
The MCC CTL, as a resource for innovative teaching and learning, is happy to help you consider ideas for your grant application. We can connect you with best practice research in the areas of educational pedagogy and technology that align with your grant proposal. Contact us to set-up a time to talk about your innovative ideas! email@example.com or (480) 461-7331.
How Much Money is Available for a Grant?
Grant Preparation & Application:
Prior to submitting your grant proposal, you are required to discuss your project idea with your Vice President of Academic Affairs.You may also want to discuss your idea with your faculty development coordinator and department/diviaion chair.
2015-2016 Application Submission Period: October 16, 2014 through January 30, 2015
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 13, 2015
Award Status Notification: April, 2015
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, January 13, 2015 The MCLI continues to experience technical issues with the server for submitting learning grants. IT is trying to resolve the technical issues; however, grant applicants continue to receive error messages when submitting proposals.
In order to ensure that all learning grant proposals are received by the deadline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your learning grant proposal as a Microsoft Word document by the deadline. NOTE you must enable macros in order to complete the budget section of the proposal. Download the Proposal MS Word Template.
Details and application procedures may be accessed at: http://mcli.maricopa.edu/learning-grants
For additional information, contact:
Dr. Rob Morales, Instructional Designer
Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction