Welcome to Masterpiece Canvas! In this episode we’ll be learning about how to use the Canvas SpeedGrader.
The SpeedGrader can benefit you in the following ways :
- All student work remains in the course page. No more downloading all of your student’s assignments to your computer.
- Student work is sorted by the student name and the name can be hidden for anonymous grading.
- Grade from rubrics to quickly give students feedback based on their mastery of each criterion.
- Give separate feedback to each student.
- Annotate corrections directly on the students submitted paper.
- Allow for mobile grading using the Canvas Teacher app on iOS and Android.
Check out these handy Canvas Guides for accessing and how to use the SpeedGrader!
This video will also give you an additional overview of Canvas SpeedGrader.
Tips For Using The SpeedGrader
The following tips can help you get started with the SpeedGrader and improve your grading workflow.
- Mute assignments while you’re grading so that students will all receive feedback at once when you complete the grading.
- Create a rubric and grade assignments using a rubric in SpeedGrader. Check out this Canvas rubrics slide deck for more tips!
- Leave feedback comments for your students.
- Use annotation tools to add comments to a student submission directly in SpeedGrader.
- Access the SpeedGrader through the Canvas to-do list or directly in an assignment or quiz.
You can learn more about the many things you can do with the Canvas SpeedGrader by visiting the Canvas Instructor Guides.