eVenture is a program designed to cultivate a culture of ongoing reflection, revision, and exploration of teaching through professional development, 1:1 consultation for individualized support, and action research. The goal is to work with faculty who are interested in investigating a new instructional practice to improve the learning experiences in a course(s). eVenture is designed to foster professional development and exploration of college strategic initiatives and priorities.
eVenture is seeking faculty willing to engaging in, learn about, and ultimately design new learning experiences around the current topics of priority at the college. The eligible topics include:
- Culturally Responsive lesson, activity, assessment, course material redesign
- Quality Matters Course Redesign
- Integrated course design (between 2 or more courses within a Field of Interest)
- Mindfulness Pedagogy redesign
- Assessment of student learning redesign (moving from high stakes exams; exploring alternative assessment practices)
eVenture will accept applications in an ongoing basis.
- Projects need to include 10 hours of professional development around the topic of the project. (see below for details)
- Application Form: The application will be reviewed by the CTL Advisory Committee. Applicants who clearly articulate their project plan, with the anticipated pd, timeline, specific deliverables, and articulate their reason and goal for course redesign will be invited to participate in the program.
- Screencast: At the conclusion of the project all participants must create a screencast video that discusses their project and showcases the project deliverables.
- Reflection: A reflection entry must be submitted for midpoint and final payment. This will be a personal reflection on your project experience, the learning, the process, and the insights discovered, good or bad, during the project.
- Professional Development:
- eLearning at MCC (approximately 2 hours) (required for Zero Textbook, QM, and Assessment)
- Canvas for Online Engagement (approximately 4 hours depending on technology skill) (required for Zero Textbook, QM, and Assessment)
- Online Course Planning: Part 1 (21 minutes) (required for Zero Textbook,and Assessment)
- Online Course Design: Part 2 (23 minutes) (required for Zero Textbook,and Assessment)
- Plus: professional development surrounding the project topic must be identified.
Faculty that apply but do not complete the full program (before payment) may apply again. Adjunct Faculty note: All Adjunct Faculty are encouraged to apply, if you are not scheduled for a class in the online schedules available, we will seek Chair support as part of the application decision process.
Quality Matters (QM) Course Requirements
- Complete the QM@MCC course
- Self Review submitted
- Peer Review completed
eVenture will be funded on an ongoing basis however, you must have room in your load for 2 load hours. Once approved, faculty must complete the program requirements within a fiscal year.
eVenture participants can earn up to $2000. The first payment will be distributed after the first reflection update to be submitted. The second payment will be distributed after the faculty creates and shares the screencast course tutorial and submits final reflection.
NOTE: Due to Federal requirements, faculty who are at maximum load any semester (spring, summer, or fall) are not eligible for additional funding during that semester through any stipend program, including eVenture.
- eVenture and any other funded program must be “above and beyond” your normal job duties. Course development/Curriculum development is an assumed part of your job which is why the program integrates professional development, CTL consultation, exploring specific college strategic topics, and sharing.
- This is an MCC program and only MCC residential and adjunct faculty are eligible.
- Funded development is considered “work for hire” and legally enters you into a shared license agreement with the District office.
- The CTL Advisory Committee determines program participants and amount through application.