|Rating|| 0.00 / 5|
|iTunes Link||Mathematics with PocketCAS pro|
PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
FREE LITE VERSION
There is a free version of PocketCAS (called PocketCAS lite) that will allow you to try out the interface and many features before buying PocketCAS pro. The differences are explained below.
– 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, polar or parametric plots.
– 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots!
– Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
– Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
– Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
– Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
– Scripting: PocketCAS’ C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
– Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
– Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
– Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS’ mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
– Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you’re stuck, there’s plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (http://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (http://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
– Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn’t need an internet connection to calculate results.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 3
– Completely redesigned interface
– Export functionality for single lines, entries and whole documents
– 3D plots
– Plot settings dialog
– Display of intersection points for cartesian plots
– Improved mathematical keyboard
– Improved text editor
– Scripting mode
– And much more!
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
PocketCAS lite has the following limitations:
– Many advanced mathematical functions (e.g. integration, taylor expansion, eigenvalues, etc.) are unavailable.
– It will plot only one function at a time.
– Exported graphics will be watermarked.