|Rating||5.00 / 5|
Download the most essential and comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPad– with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms. The app is designed and optimized for your device.
Easily search definitions and synonyms offline. You can access the offline dictionary anytime and anywhere – you do not need an internet connection. Voice search and audio pronunciation requires connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
– Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
– Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
– Voice Searches – conveniently speak to search a word without having to spell it
– Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
– Quiz widget – test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
– Favorite words and search history – customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
– English Spelling help – not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
– Local look-ups – take a look at the words searched by location
– Learner’s Dictionary – includes extra information about word usage for English learners
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
– Remove ads
– Example Sentences
– Idioms and Phrases
– Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
This app is useful particularly in an ESL class. Students are asked to work in pairs or small groups to look up a word of interest to them; they discuss the word, its definition, its meaning, and etymology. Then they present to the rest of the class on what they have learned. In so doing, they will have interacted as a group, learned new words, and exercised their reading and speaking skills.