What is Adobe Connect®?
What is Adobe Connect® ?
Adobe Connect® is a web conferencing software solution for virtual meetings, eLearning, and webinars. This feature rich tool offers a wide set of solutions for a variety of applications from online conferencing and meetings to full live classroom support on virtually any device. Mesa Community College faculty and staff may request access to create and conduct Adobe Connect® sessions for specific dates and times. Learn more about the features of Adobe Connect®.
At Maricopa Community College District there are a limited number of Meeting Host licenses available. A total of 25 are dedicated for Mesa Community College (MCC) use only. At MCC 15 of these licenses are dedicated to semester long specialized instructional use and the additional 10 are allocated on a rotational basis for one-time session hosting.
What are some ways people use Adobe Connect®?
Connect® is offered to help facilitate teaching and learning within the district. During the Maricopa pilot faculty reported using Connect® for the following:
* Blended (virtual and in-person) Live Classroom Sessions
* Specialized Virtual Office Hours
* Online Tutoring
* Collaboration breakout meeting rooms for student projects
* New and prospective student orientations
* Webinars and live tutorials/presentations
* Global conferences / Worldwide access to other students
* Professional development
* Faculty Collaboration – sharing best practices, lesson plans, etc.