Adjunct Faculty Professional Growth
The Adjunct Faculty Professional Growth Program is administered by the Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction in the Academic and Student Affairs Division. The program provides funding assistance on a reimbursement basis to adjunct faculty employees to attend external (outside of Maricopa County Community College District sponsored or offered) conferences, seminars, workshops, and professional meetings that are directly related to, and will enhance/update the applicant’s teaching skills and will enhance the learning of students for the class taught by the applicant for the Maricopa Community Colleges.
Contact your AFPG College Representative regarding questions you may have about the travel request process.
Please note: The Due Date for completed applications from adjunct faculty : at least 28 days prior to the start date of the professional growth activity.
As of August 2015 the application process is completely online.
Please read over the step-by-step instructions AND the video prior to completing the new online application. There are many new changes that will result in a delay of approval.
The following changes are crucial to take note of and include:
- All applications are completed online via Maricopa’s Financial Management System (FMS)
- You must NOT include paid receipts. All attached invoices must be just that..invoices – do not pay for your activity related items PRIOR to approval. Items already paid for will result in an automatic rejection stating: pre-approval was not granted.
- In the comment section you must include a description of how the activity directly impacts student learning and your professional growth as a faculty member of the class you teach for Maricopa Community Colleges.
- Also, attach a copy of your teaching assignments in the attachments and also note your sections and credit load in the comment section.
- Make certain you have completed the Annual Travel Acknowledgement Form prior to submission.
Please note, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure approval status has been received prior to the activity start date. If not, check with the college AFPG Representative prior to travel. Reimbursement will not be given if the application has not been officially awarded in writing to the applicant.
Application packets are now available online!
Consult the CTL (480-461-7331) and MCLI website for information on the process and submit your application!