Faculty may earn the eLearning Educator microcredential upon completion of a minimum of three course topics below.
- eLearning at MCC [Enroll Now!]
- Canvas For Online Engagement [Enroll Now!]
- Quality Matters & Beyond [Enroll Now!]
The Instructional Strategies microcredential offers cross-disciplinary faculty tools to develop knowledge and skills to effectively promote learning for the 21st Century learner. Coursework focuses on best practices for teaching 21st Century learners, with an emphasis on effective course/curriculum design aligned to competencies/standards, outcomes-based assessment, and educational applications of technology.
Faculty may earn the Instructional Strategies microcredential upon completion of a minimum of three course topics below.
- MC Course Alignment [Enroll Now!] (required)
- MCC OER [Enroll Now!] (Open Education Resources)
- Flipped and Hybrid Learning
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Universal Design for Learning
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogies
About the Program
An ongoing goal of the CTL is to foster professional development experiences that are not only crucial to our departments and individual faculty members but that are reliable, engaging, relevant, and provide faculty the opportunity to immediately use or implement new learning. To accomplish this, the CTL is piloting a new stackable, digital badge microcredential program for faculty to engage in activities that are personal to individual teaching goals and receive feedback from our highly talented and qualified staff.
These will be unique in that they will be:
- Open entry/open exit
- Competency based
- Clearly defined
- Stacked (By outcomes and by Level 1, Level 2, etc.)
- Clear outcomes
- Produce evidence and portfolio products
- Have individualized feedback from CTL experts
- Associated; stackable badges
The 2017-2018 academic year will be dedicated to designing and building our first level microcredentials in certain areas. The following year will result in new topics and higher levels.
- Fall 2017 (online with in-person optional support): Instructional Strategies (Course Alignment and OER)
- Spring 2018 (online): eLearning Educator, QMquest
- Summer 2018 (online): Global Citizenship
- Fall 2018 (online): Productivity, Teaching and Learning Innovation, and more!